The capital city of Johor State is a favourite haunt for visitors from Singapore via the Causeway, and is fondly referred to as ‘JB’. Rich in culture, Johor has a wealth of traditional dances that include the ‘Ghazal’, a form of contemporary jazz-like Malay music, and ‘Kuda Kepang’ a dance imitating the movement of horses.
There are many landmarks to explore such as the Grand Palace, with its distinct Anglo-Malay architecture and the Johor Art Gallery, where various art collections, artifacts and many items related to Johor's historical heritage are stored.
- Batu Caves, Royal Selangor & Batik Half-Day Tour
- Sunway Lagoon Theme Park Admission with RM10 Meal Voucher
- Historical City of Malacca Full-Day Tour
- Traditional English Afternoon Tea at the Eastern & Oriental Hotel
- Glittering Fireflies Night Tour with Dinner
- City Half-Day Tour
- Aquaria KLCC Admission
- Kuala Lumpur Tower Observation Deck
- Dining in the Clouds at the KL Tower with Transfer
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
Shopping opportunities are aplenty in JB. From modern malls to handicraft centers and bazaars to markets, a large range of international and local products go on sale. This is also one of the reasons why Singaporeans absolutely adore JB.
When night falls over the city, a delectable array of food stalls and vendors open around the streets peddling the famous Laksa Johor, a dish of flake fish and gravy cooked with coconut milk served with noodles and vegetables.
If you’re looking for cosmopolitan sights, but something not too busy like Kuala Lumpur, JB is the place to go.