The Malaysia Cultural Dance Competition takes place at the Summit, Subang Jaya this July. Dance groups of all ages don their dancing shoes and shine in this annual dance competition organized by JCI Kuala Lumpur and endorsed by the Ministry of Tourism Malaysia.
Winners of the contest go on to represent Malaysia in the International Cultural Dance Festival in Korea later this year. For visitors this contest is a chance to watch a mixture of cultural dance performances and modern dance as these talented dancers bust out their best moves in a bid to impress the judges. Similar to American Idol in format, after each group’s performance judges give feedback (ranging from complimentary to scathing) on how dancers fared. While most performances are complex, culturally entrenched acts, these amateur and professional dance groups aim to please the crowds as well, so be sure to stop by and watch the show.
Hghlights: Date: 16th July 2012
Location: The Summit, USJ 1 Subang Jaya
- Batu Caves, Royal Selangor & Batik Half-Day Tour
- Sunway Lagoon Theme Park Admission with RM10 Meal Voucher
- Historical City of Malacca Full-Day Tour
- Traditional English Afternoon Tea at the Eastern & Oriental Hotel
- Glittering Fireflies Night Tour with Dinner
- City Half-Day Tour
- Aquaria KLCC Admission
- Kuala Lumpur Tower Observation Deck
- Dining in the Clouds at the KL Tower with Transfer
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour