1Malaysia GP Sale is the preceding event to the F1 Petronas Malaysia Grand Prix. A shopping fest designed to attract tourists to the country, long before and after the Grand Prix Race, it takes place from 10th March to 15th April. Locals call it a ‘year-end’ sale, though no one seems to know the reason why.
Major shopping malls throughout the Klang Valley participate in the event, with stores offering great bargains and promotions. This year the retail fever is set to spread all the way to Penang, with Queensbay Mall taking part and holding its own GP Sale Carnival between 13th and 31st March.
Highlights: March Every Year
Location: throughout the Klang Valley and Penang’s Queensbay Mall
- Batu Caves, Royal Selangor & Batik Half-Day Tour
- Sunway Lagoon Theme Park Admission with RM10 Meal Voucher
- Nature & Elephant Sanctuary Tour
- Historical City of Malacca Full-Day Tour
- Traditional English Afternoon Tea at the Eastern & Oriental Hotel
- Glittering Fireflies Night Tour with Dinner
- City Half-Day Tour
- Aquaria KLCC Admission
- Dining in the Clouds at the KL Tower with Transfer
- Kuala Lumpur Tower Observation Deck