The Pasir Gudang World Kite Festival may not garner as much international media coverage as other Malaysian festivals but the six-day event does attract a lot of local attention. Held in Pasir Gudang, Johor, it is an exhibition with booths showcasing kites and even has kite-making workshops and demonstrations.
Held since 1995, this year will see the 17th edition of this colourful festival. The fair grounds will feature a variety of booths including food and snack stalls and souvenirs and collectibles kiosks. What’s more, while visiting the kite festival, visitors can visit the famous Pasir Gudang Kite Museum and also check out traditional local performances.
- Batu Caves, Royal Selangor & Batik Half-Day Tour
- Sunway Lagoon Theme Park Admission with RM10 Meal Voucher
- Historical City of Malacca Full-Day Tour
- Traditional English Afternoon Tea at the Eastern & Oriental Hotel
- Glittering Fireflies Night Tour with Dinner
- City Half-Day Tour
- Aquaria KLCC Admission
- Kuala Lumpur Tower Observation Deck
- Dining in the Clouds at the KL Tower with Transfer
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
Pasir Gudang World Kite Festival Schedule
The festival has several kite-judging competitions, divided into categories such as those for school students and the Wau Bulan Naik for National categories. Besides the kite-judging competition, there are kite performances by national participants and other cultural shows.
- Highlights: Date: 25 February - 1 March 2015