Raptor Watch may sound like it celebrates prehistoric creatures like the T-Rex or Brontosaurus Rex, but it is actually an annual bird-watching event in Tanjung Tuan, Port Dickson. Every year bird-watching enthusiasts from around the world gather here to watch the migration of several species of birds of prey.
These birds make the long flights to the tropics all the way from the Northern Hemisphere, from places as diverse as Moscow, Siberia and China, for the more temperate weather conditions of southern Asia.
- Batu Caves, Royal Selangor & Batik Half-Day Tour
- Sunway Lagoon Theme Park Admission with RM10 Meal Voucher
- Historical City of Malacca Full-Day Tour
- Traditional English Afternoon Tea at the Eastern & Oriental Hotel
- Glittering Fireflies Night Tour with Dinner
- City Half-Day Tour
- Aquaria KLCC Admission
- Kuala Lumpur Tower Observation Deck
- Dining in the Clouds at the KL Tower with Transfer
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
Tanjung Tuan is the only coastal primary rainforest in Peninsular Malaysia and the only transit point for these birds. Organized by Malaysia Nature Society (MNS), also known as the Persatuan Pencinta Alam, the theme for this year’s Raptor Watch is ‘Crossing Oceans Into Our Skies’.
One of Port Dickson’s most popular annual events, the MNS has celebrated these birds’ epic travel for 13 years now. Besides providing bird-watching enthusiasts a chance to see these beautiful birds, the MNS hosts a series of activities, such as a GREENaid Concert, Raptor Hunt, talks to entertain guests, nature guided walks and more. MNS’ purpose is to increase more publicity to generate more interest in bird-watching.
- Highlights: Date: 14 March 2015
- Tel: +603 2287 9422