St. Patrick’s Day maybe a celebration of Irish design and roots, but that does not mean that Malaysians do not wholeheartedly embrace it. Come March every year, bars and clubs around Kuala Lumpur are festooned in green, with shamrocks, plenty of pints of Guinness and a good time to be had by all.
While St. Paddy’s Day may be a cultural and religious holiday dedicated to St. Patrick in Ireland, the celebrations in KL are largely geared towards entertainment, with the main event taking place at Changkat Bukit Bintang from March 16-17 this year. Besides plenty of beer, organised games and lots of fun, there will be a Comedy Tent on site, with local and international comedians performing.
Highlights: Date: 10 March – 15 March 2015
Location: throughout the Klang Valley and Penang’s Queensbay Mall
- Batu Caves, Royal Selangor & Batik Half-Day Tour
- Sunway Lagoon Theme Park Admission with RM10 Meal Voucher
- Historical City of Malacca Full-Day Tour
- Traditional English Afternoon Tea at the Eastern & Oriental Hotel
- Glittering Fireflies Night Tour with Dinner
- City Half-Day Tour
- Aquaria KLCC Admission
- Kuala Lumpur Tower Observation Deck
- Dining in the Clouds at the KL Tower with Transfer
- Half-Day City Highlights Tour
Other St. Patrick’s Day Events
If you are looking for the best pubs in the city to visit for St. Patrick’s Day, there are a few that heartily embrace the Irish holiday. Backyard in Sri Hartamas on the 29th March 2012, Sid’s Pub in Plaza Damansara on 10th March and SOULed Out in Sri Hartamas from the 8th – 29th March, to name just a few. So do not forget to don your green outfit as you join in the fun.
- Highlights: Date: March 2015
- Location: Changkat Bukit Bintang (and around KL)